Friday, August 21, 2020

The situation is fine, thanks!

 I've been away from this blog (and gaming) for a while now. I received a few mails inquiring about the current situation and I want to reassure everyone: I'm fine, and I must consider myself lucky. I've not been affected by the covid situation (moreover, basically no one I know had the virus nor suffered too much from a personal or ecomical point of view). This is something to be grateful for.

I want to thank anyone who reached out - these were unexpected kind gestures and I am grateful for them.

I also hope to find you all in good health and that this covid situation did not cause any serious trouble.

Continue to keep safe; autumn is approaching (and winter is coming). The situation is still serious and there is not going to be a silver-bullet solution to this problem, I'm afraid. The virus will not go away easily, and we all might face more quarantine, more economical issues, more personal losses.

I imagine it's hard to give up hope, but facing reality does not mean being hopeless nor helpless. It means to be prepared. I am not sure of what's going to happen in the next few months, but I can only suggest to keep an eye on the numbers. Numbers don't lie. 

Do your best to separate numbers from how they're presented. Read what scientists say, rather than what politicians or gurus say - or at least, that's my personal suggestion. Be prepared for a winter as harsh as it was when quarantine begun.

Now; enough of this. This is a blog about RPGs and especially OSR. For those of you who understandably are interested only in my gaming materials, just be aware that I am switching my focus.

I bought on ebay a second hand HeroQuest box, I bought miniatures and paint, and I am traveling back in time 30 years to the '90s. 

This is what the blog will be about, when I will start posting again. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment